I was going to wait until everything was finished in the Boys' room to post pictures of everything & where I got it/how I made it, but since so many of you requested more information on the ABC's...then I'll just go ahead & post all the info on that right now.
Really, once you hear how I did it, you won't be nearly as impressed. :)
I got my inspiration from How Does She & one of my friend's Michelle's blog. I liked the idea of doing wood blocks, scrapbook paper & vinyl letters...but that was too expensive for our little budget. So I took Michelle's idea of using foam board & pictures instead.
First I used my digital scrapbooking program Memory Mixer to design the backgrounds, letters, & white border for each tile. (I just used a random assortment of backgrounds & fonts & a white chalk border.) I sent the digital images to print at Costco as 5x7 pictures ($0.39/each), and then I cut off the bottom 2" of each picture to make them 5x5" squares. I got two 20x30" sheets of foam board at Hobby Lobby (on sale for $0.99 each!) & had Curt cut them into 5x5" squares. I then mod-podged the pictures to the foam board tiles--but I ended up with lots of bubbles, so I would recommend spray adhesive (or more careful mod-podging) instead. Since the foam board is so light, I just used sticky-tack (or whatever you want to call it) to hang the tiles up. And viola!
See--nothing too impressive. :) Thanks for all of your nice comments, though. I definitely had fun doing it! And Tucker loves singing the ABC song & pointing to the different letters!



7 comments:
Still love it:)
Wow! Such a smart idea! I may need to copy it... is that okay?
Great idea! I love the fact that you don't have to make all those holes in the wall. I may have to do this - I like how it adds a lot of color to the wall! Thanks for posting this, Holly!
Sooo cute Holly! I love it!
So cute! It makes a great statement and I would have never guessed that was foam board! Great job!
Oh wow Holly, I feel so honored to be "cited" in your post! You took it to the next level though. I love this, it's so creative!
Love, love, love the abc wall! Your creativity is incredible! Hang in there- just a few more weeks to go!
Post a Comment